Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One more state visited...











...which leaves me 22 or 23 more to visit...I forget, we counted a few weeks ago. Anyway, I made a weekend trip to Maine with my friends, Alison and Rachel, this past weekend. We left Saturday morning and came back Sunday evening, just in time for the CES Fireside. Rachel is from Maine, and has a best friend, also from Maine, who is living in Salt Lake City and who just got married. We went to Maine so that Rachel could go to the wedding reception on Saturday night. It was a beautiful drive, there are still pretty autumn leaves left, sooner than later though they will be gone, and we will be left with bare, wintery trees. We saw the world's largest globe, we went to the only actual L.L.Bean store (most of you just get catalogs) where I took my picture with the giant boot, only to find out right after that I wasn't supposed to be on it, oops! We did shopping in a cute area called Freeport, I only got winter gloves, but Alison got some great deals (plus she has money from her real job). We shared a whoopie pie, and headed back to Rachel's house. At the wedding reception, Alison and I planned our upcoming weekend trip to NYC! We are so excited for that! We are going for my belated birthday celebration with some other friends. Anyway, Sunday we went to church in Rachel's old family ward, had lunch with her parents, and had a great chat with her mom and dad about dating/boys/marriage-the usual talk of LDS single girls! We saw an awesome lighthouse on our way home, (I have always put Maine and lighthouses together) but sadly my camera battery died before that, so I will have to get some lighthouse pics from Alison to put up later. It was a great weekend in Maine! It has also meant that I have had an insanely busy week getting all my studying and work done for my classes this week....I work hard and play hard! It's a great life motto! Happy November! Time is flying!

3 comments:

Vanalee said...

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. I love the picture with the leaves! Such fun!

Dan and Dee said...

Loved the Maine pictures. Gail wrote and said she met you-I am guessing it was Mary, her daughter's reception you went to. It is such a small world. For anyone else reading here-Gail was my freshmen year roommate at BYU! Thanks for saying nice things to her about me--I'll pay you later!

Freeport Maine is such a fun place to shop! I love that place.
It is beautiful in the fall throughout all that area. I am glad you got to take a trip up that way!

Your Halloween looked fun!

Ruth said...

check out our webpage to see how different our fall seasons are--looks beautiful

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...