Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rock climbing--easy landing
Nice shot, eh?! Here I am in action...
Andrew...thanks to him, I have the coolest climbing shoes ever
Leigh is a hot shot-this is totally her thing...maybe one day I can be as hard core as her.
Andrew and I at the Dallas Temple
Leigh and I after our session at the Dallas Temple
One size fits all?! Big chair...small chair.
Big chair for me, small chair for Leigh
Andrew and Leigh at Chili's
Kristina and her mysterious date at Chili's?!
OK, me just wishing I had a significant other to take to dinner with Leigh and Andrew
Leigh and I playing the Wii
Andrew playing Guitar Hero-he is really, really good-go rockstar!
Here I am failing miserably at Guitar Hero
Leigh and I-fun and crazy
Here I am trying out the racing helmets at Richardson Bike Mart-Lance has gotten his cycling gear here...maybe I can be that good, too!
Leigh and I in Lenscrafter-she really needs glasses, I have always wanted glasses-do these ones suit me?!
Enjoying my burrito from Freebirds, mine was huge!
So I did survive 2 more days of class and work, and then got up bright and early for my 7:30 am flight out of Boston to Dallas, Texas on Wednesday morning. My flight was good and long, but I was productive and wrote a paper on the journey. I was picked up at the aiport by Leigh, my wonderful sister-in-law. We had lunch at Freebirds, a popular Burrito place...and mine was supposed to be a half-bird, but it ended up a whole size. Then Leigh and I went shopping at a huge, fabulous Texas mall. She was looking for new dress pants, and she ended up with two pairs, and I ended up with one pair. We picked Andrew up on his commute home from work. Andrew and I were out for a while, and then came back home to play Wii-I rock at Mario Kart-actually not at all. On Thursday, I went with Leigh to watch Andrew playing football with some guys from Church on the morning. Then I went for a really long run, and took Chaco (their boxer) with me for the last part...man, I really want a dog! Someday, someday... after getting ready, we all headed out for Thanksgiving dinner at Leigh's aunt's and uncle's house. I met most of Leigh's extended family, and enjoyed some awesome Thanksgiving food!!! and I did quite well, I only ate one plate of food...talk about self-control. Thursday night we watched some TV, and I also played Guitar Hero with Leigh, then we played some other Wii games. Friday morning I went running in the Texas rain, something that I do like. Then we went to see the new James Bond movie-Leigh and Andrew and I, and Leigh's parents and sister. Afterwards, I went with Andrew and Leigh to visit Oma, Leigh's wonderful grandmother. Then we grabbed some food at Chili's and ventured over to REI. I love REI, it inspires me to want to just live in a tent and be outside and active all day every day. I did buy a new fleece with a hood-I do love my hoodies. We also picked up Leigh's aunt and cousin from the airport, and then came home. Leigh and I had some great girl bonding...I love my family! Today I went to the Dallas Temple with Andrew and Leigh, and after some errands we met up with some of Andrew and Leigh's friends and went to a great indoor rock climbing center. My second time rock-climbing and I loved it. Plus, I got to use my new climbing shoes! Now we are enjoying pizza and a movie. I am having a great time in Dallas, and I cannot believe that my vacation is quickly drawing to a close...sad. I am having a great time with my brother, Andrew and my sister-in-law, Leigh...they are so good to me! Happy Holidays to all!

5 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

Kristina, its been way too long since I've seen you...where did your butt go?!? you look so great and it sounds like you had fun in texas!

Vanalee said...

I am so glad that my children still play well together!!! it looks like you have had a really fun weekend.

Leigh said...

Of course she had a great time....she was with us!!

Lupes- can't wait to see you again!

Alex said...

So much fun! You just make me smile! I hope you're doing well! ps my word verification is "sonca" kinda reminds me of the hotel key in florence! :)

Dan and Dee said...

Fun fun fun--glad you had such a nice vacation with Andrew and Leigh.
Andrew is looking more and more like James-i.e. the temple pic.
I agree with your mom, it's a great feeling knowing your kids still enjoy each other, maybe even more than when they were growing up!
Good luck with the end of the semester and I hope you have a great Christmas Kristina!
Say hi to your folks...
And thanks for writing to Canman! She is almost done!! 6 weeks, but who's counting!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...