Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just Random...

So I have been back from Spring Break for 3 weeks now, and it has been a busy, random few weeks. This first picture is to show my mom how I attempt to french braid my own hair. I have a Monday night class, right after I work all day on Mondays, and no matter how productive I try to be over the weekend, I still always have to get up at the crack of dawn (literally, like 4 am) to make sure I am prepared for class. The last couple of weeks, I have taken to practicing french braiding my hair while I read, study, review materials, etc. to keep myself awake. I am getting better...
Since I have been back, I have been busy with church activities, going to the temple, doing lots of running for my upcoming half-marathon, had a cold (after I had just told people that I don't get sick all that often), babysat for some cute kids to make extra money, had an interview and then a follow-up interview for an ideal summer job (I hear back about that this Wed!), played with friends, gone out to eat, studied, attended classes, worked, made a Costco trip with friends, been to a Luau party, enjoyed cold, sunshine, and rain, etc.
So I have also had several opportunities lately to help the missionaries, the sisters who serve in our single's ward are fabulous. I have been to a couple of appointments with them, and I have done some street contacts with them-totally fun, and it took me straight back to the mission-I loved contacting and talking to everyone! The missionaries have also started going to Boston Common, a park/central square area in Boston to contact people on Saturdays. They need members to come sing hymns and be supportive. So one Saturday my friend Alison and i went to help them. Right before we were about to leave, we observed something very interesting...

What are these crazy college kids playing? Look closer...yes, that is Quidditch!
They were totally serious and into it. They had different names on the backs of their shirts, real Hogwarts Quidditch players' names. They ran around with these brooms between their legs the whole time. Not house brooms...but real brooms.
They all played in a field, but the two seekers were running freely throughout Boston Common trying to find the Snitch (a player who wore yellow and had a small ball tied to his waist), who they had to catch. It was hilarious...Alison and I decided that it would make for a fun Family Home Evening activity! Anyway, I love Boston and its randomness. I guess I love my life and its randomness, too.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

1 - I'm so glad to see you are doing so well! Good luck on Wednesday! I hope you get the job and I'll keep you in my prayers :)

2 - That is quite possibly the greatest thing EVER! I would love to play quidditch with you folks sometime... that's epic in all of the right ways!

Ruth said...

that's awesome maybe at the next family reunion we can play--caitlyn would love it!!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...