Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Weekend

This weekend was wonderful. Friday was actually really, really productive for me. I studied and got lots of school work done. I cleaned. I even rearranged my room, which is always a fun change, and somewhat refreshing. I am really enjoying the new set-up. I did errands, babysat, and went for a run in the pouring rain. It was a bit warmer, and I find running in the rain to be rejuvenating. I wanted to get lots done on Friday, so that I could really enjoy all of General Conference this weekend.
Saturday morning my friend Alison and I ran 10 miles. It was a great run, and went by really, really fast, probably because I am not sick and I can actually breathe, unlike last week when we went. After getting ready, we grabbed some food and headed to the Church to watch both sessions of Conference. I could watch it on my laptop, but I like being in the chapel, and I pay so much more attention there. After sessions, we went out to dinner with some other girls in our ward to an Indian restaurant in Harvard Square (right by the Church). Then I had a sleepover at Alison's with our friend, Lindsy, and Alison's other roommates, Amanda and Rachel. We chatted, watched Funny Girl (an old Barbra Streisand movie). This morning we woke up and enjoyed a yummy breakfast-french toast! Then we headed to the Church again to all enjoy the two sessions of Conference. Today it wasn't rainy or windy, so we actually went outside between sessions for a picnic and to enjoy the sun. I think Spring might actually be coming. It was 55 today, the sun was shining, and everyone in Boston seems a little bit happier!
I loved Conference, I always feel so inspired, and I was reminded of why I love the temple so much. I love to go, and it was good to hear so much focused on the importance of regular temple attendance, and what we can continue to learn and feel there. I love you all, thanks for supporting me.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Sounds glorious! I missed you guys this conference weekend, but I'll come visit soon!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...