Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Springtime!

So my friend, Sarah, has inspired me like she often does. (Thanks!) She sent me an email today entitled "A toast to the first day of Spring," which it certainly is, and it listed all of her favorite things. So even though mother nature is teasing us here in Boston, I am grateful to know that Spring is somewhere around the corner. Last Sunday was a gorgeous, sunny day that got up to 65. Wednesday also got up to the 60s, and I was running in short sleeves-that was marvelous! But the rest of the time it has been 30s, 40s if we are lucky. So thanks to Sarah, I am feeling happy and grateful.
Here is my toast to Spring and some of my favorite things: going to the hair salon and coming out feeling like a million bucks (just did that!), long runs (6 miles or more) when you push your body to its limits, the sunshine, water-the drinking kind and the chlorinated kind that I love swimming in, working out hard and sweating like a man (I work for every last drop of my sweat!), reading a good book, going on drives, listening to good music, walking around cities and exploring, visiting family, traveling, talking to my brother Andrew on gmail chat, talking to my family on the phone, teaching underprivileged kids how to stay physically active and healthy every Tuesday and Thursday at Boston University, eating my Mom's food, eating at Aristo's the greek restaurant in SLC, driving my car Penelope, my health, my bike, laughing, apples and peanut butter, making and eating cupcakes, skiing and almost dying every time but never actually getting hurt (my Heavenly Father really loves me and watches over me :), and so much more.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU! HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

I needed this beautiful picture of spring flowers. It snowed again last night! Your picture gave me hope that maybe our snow will melt and my flowers will come up, eventually. I planted a bunch of bulbs last fall. I should post a picture of the snow we still have...

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...