Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mommy Comes to Visit-Day 5

Day 5 was Thursday, June 18th and a good day for the most part. We got in my car and headed southeast. We stopped at the Sugar Plum bakery, which we saw along the way. Of course, we had to try the chocolate peanut butter cupcake and the canoli flavored one. Canolis are these amazing desserts that you can get in the North End (the Little Italy of Boston). I liked them a lot!We drove through all the towns, through Plymouth, and other historical locations, and on to Cape Cod. Cape Cod gets a lot of hype here in Massachusetts. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, but a little overrated and not at all what I expected. Since there are so many trees, plants, bushes, and foliage here in New England, it is all over Cape Cod, too. You cannot see the beach or the ocean at all as you drive. We finally saw a sign for a beach, and had to drive a ways out. But we found it and I insisted that we walk along the beach and towards the ocean. It was a windy, cloudy day, but I just love the water and the ocean. I don't think I would pick to have my beach house at Cape Cod though.
My converse on the beach...come on, you have to walk barefoot along the sand.
Here I am- I said it was windy, didn't I?!
I thought it was cool...the tiny, birdy footprints and then the cool patterns that the waves make in the sand.
We stopped to see the Mayflower in Plymouth as a quick detour.
And here is the infamous Plymouth rock; Mom now understands that it is small and a little disappointing. I think most of us imagine it to be a huge crag jutting into to ocean.
Here I am at a cupcake stop outside the Sugar Plum Bakery.
We finished up the Cape Cod excursion by stopping at a restaurant and getting lobster rolls. Then we headed back to Boston and went to the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) because Thursday nights are free. Both my Mom and I love modern art, and so I figured it was kind of a must-do since I had not been. We loved the museum; it was a neat collection and just the right amount of art. Too much, we decided years ago, equals visual overload.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...