Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mommy Comes to Visit Boston-Day 6

So Day 6, Friday, June 19th was supposed to be my Mom's last day in Boston. We headed over to Harvard Square area, and went to the Longfellow Historic House; where Henry Wadsworth Longfellow lived, and where George Washington lived for a time during the battles. It was an excellent tour despite the rain. Then we headed to Harvard Square and popped into a few shops, and stopped at our last cupcake joint, Sweet. Sweet does mini cupcakes and regular ones and definitely had the most posh cupcakes in town. We did a few more errands and then I took Mom to the airport...I hate taking her back to the airport...Mom and I in my car-all smiles. I wore my hat to prevent the frizzy fro that comes with rain and drizzly days.We had mini cupcakes at Sweet, the carrot cake and red velvet ones-scrumptious!
Here are Mom and I outside of the Longfellow House; it is literally right across the street from out burnt down chapel. I hate seeing our burnt church, it is still so sad and heartbreaking, but we are grateful to the Episcopal Divinity School for letting us use their facilities.

Here I am at the front door of Longfellow's house.

So I dropped Mom off, and I always seem to get my way. She called 4 hours later, her flight had been delayed and she would not make her connection to Salt Lake City. I got in the car fast and headed out in traffic to pick her up from the airport again. We headed to Braintree, where I student taught, to do some shopping and so I could make some returns. We had salads and New England Clam Chowder for dinner. Saturday morning, bright and early, I had to take her back to the airport, which was harder the 2nd time around.

I loved having my mommy in Boston with me. We had lots of fun adventures, and I got to explore lots of places and sites that I had not been to. I am excited to take Dad around in August. Feel free to come and visit, I promise it will be an amazing time! Great company (me!) and great city (Boston!)

1 comment:

Vanalee said...

Kristina, you are great company and I had a fabulous time in "your" wonderful city. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...