Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mommy Comes to Visit-Day 3

So Day 3 was Tuesday, June 16th and it was a great day, too. We woke up and got ready. We headed to my favorite place in Boston, the temple!, to do a session and then we spent the day in Lexington and Concord seeing all the sites and enjoying some great food. We picked up lunch at Wilson Farms, a wonderful, year-round Farmers Market in Lexington, and did a picnic at MinuteMan National Park. After learning some of the history, we headed out along Battle Road and saw some of the historical landmarks that played a major role in the events of 1776.We had dinner at Lexx restaurant, located along Lexington's quaint main street; Mom and I had the same thing for dinner and then shared this refreshing, summery custard dessert. It was sure pretty to look at!
We did not go for a swim, but we did walk around the edge of Walden Pond before getting dinner. The pond was beautiful and it was surrounded by tall, green trees and foliage. What a peaceful place.
Here I am at the Old North Bridge in Concord, where the battle began-where that first shot rang out.
Here I am along Battle Road, it runs between and Lexington and Concord, and the colonists/Rebels as well as the regulars/Red Coats marched along here during the first battles of the war. They marched all the way back to Boston from here. Paul Revere and a couple of others rode their horses along Battle Road to sound the alarm on the evening of April 18, 1776!
Hers it is-my beloved home away from home. I always love my temples and they always have such a special place in my heart. I feel so welcomed, at peace, and calm in the hallowed walls of the temple...and having my Mom with me there was extra special.
Tuesday was a great day, and we ended by doing some errands, and going to Target.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...