Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mommy Comes to Visit-Day 4

So Day 4 was Wednesday, June 17th and it was a beautiful day in Boston. We headed downtown for the day. We took the T, our train/subway, into town and first bought tickets for a Duck Tour. We then went directly to the top of the Prudential Center, the 55th floor or so, and we could see out for miles in all directions. The view from way up there helps me to see this wonderful city that I am glad to call home and so happy to get to live in and explore! After the Duck tour, Mom and I had a late lunch at one of Boston's best seafood restaurants, Legal Seafoods. After some shopping, we explored and walked the city. Here I am in Copley Square with the tortoise; I have sat on him now 3 times. I sat on him for the first time last August when I had just arrived in Boston with my mom and moved in. Then I sat on him at the beginning of the year when I was out with my friend, Alison. Needless to say, I always have my yellow shoes on! I love my yellow shoes, but they are getting pretty worn...they sure do lots of walking.
You can see the reflection of our Duck in the John Hancock tower. Duck tours are a great way to see Boston because they are the army/amphibious vehicles that go on land and water. So we drove all over Boston and saw tons of the sites, and then we got to go into the Charles River, too. I would vote that besides walking the Freedom Trail, a Duck tour is the next best way to see a lot of Boston.
Did I mention that our hilarious tour guide let me drive the Duck?! Yes, me...I got this sticker as a result. I got to drive it a bit once we were in the Charles River. I was stoked, of course.Here is Mom on the Duck while we were still in the Charles River. The weather was perfect, something that we have not been experiencing hardly at all this summer, unfortunately.
Yep, there I am driving the Duck in the river, and there is our tour guide to the right. He was trying to make small talk, but I was just so excited to be at the wheel.
...and that's me driving the Duck again.
Here is the Massachusetts State house, we passed it on the tour. And that gold dome? Yes, it's 23K gold...no wonder everything in Boston is so expensive, we have so much to live up to.There is Fenway Park from the top of the Prudential Center-the green monster...Go Red Sox!
Isn't it lovely? Doesn't it just make you want to come visit me?! Here is Commonwealth Ave, a major street, with Boston University buildings on both sides, the Citgo sign marks Kenmore Square, and there is the Charles River off to the right.
The view from the top of the Prudential Center, looking at Copley Square, the shiny, tall John Hancock tower, and on towards downtown.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...