Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July weekend

Happy Late Independence Day to all! I had a wonderful weekend! I got Friday, July 3rd off from work, and apparently the majority of working professionals in Massachusetts get the day off. I spent Friday shopping with my friends, Alison, Rachel, Carly, Aimee, and Alison's sister, Maddie. We had lunch at a Japanese sushi buffet-it was so so good. We shopped in the Natick area-their mall is huge, and surprisingly, with a group of 6 girls, we did not get burnt out for 4 hours and saw the entire mall. We spent the night hanging out. Saturday was filled with Boston's 4th of July events and lots of fun with friends. After church on Sunday, my friends, Charlotte and Katie, had a barbecue at their place-it was a great turn out, great people, and great food. Here is Rachel, Alison, Mollie, and Maddie at the Sunday afternoon barbecue.
Here is Katie flipping the meat, Derek being goofy, and Charlotte getting the veggie kabobs ready to grill at the barbecue.
I was so excited that after the awesome fireworks on Saturday night, we got to walk home some 2-2.5 miles, but mostly that we got to walk along Storrow Drive, a major road along the river for cars. It was closed, and I was excited to walk it! This is usually my exit to get off in my car.
The Boston Pops Fireworks are by far the most amazing fireworks that I have ever seen in my entire life. They were huge and impressive. We had a spot on a dock right out on the Charles River, so we had a great view. The fireworks are put off on a barge in the middle of the Charles River.
The fireworks probably brought in a million people, since we actually had sunny, beautiful weather, something that is very rare this summer.
Look at these beautiful bursts. The Boston Pops play patriotic songs and Neil Diamond came this year...pretty cool, eh?
Here are Lyndsy and I on the dock, staking at our spot before it got dark and the show began.
Bryan, Rachel, Maddie, Luke, and Katie headed down on the T/subway to find a spot to watch fireworks; we left from Alison, Rachel, and Maddie's house.
On the 4th of July, our friend, Doug, put together a last minute barbecue. Here are Bryan and Luke sitting on the roof-they are crazy.
Here are Bryan and Maddie, just chilling on the patio.
I met up with Alison and Maddie on the 4th at Government Center. We watched the Flag Ceremony, heard the Star Spangled Banner by some amazing 10 year old boy, etc. We followed this small parade around to the Burial grounds, down some streets, and over to the Old State House where the Declaration of Independence was read. Here Alison, Maddie, and I are on the donkey...I don't know that we are necessarily Democrats, but there was no elephant to climb on. We are in Massachusetts, go figure.
Alison and Maddie, sisters.
Here is what we saw at the flag ceremony for the 4th of July celebrations in downtown.
Oh, and I wanted you all to see my spread from the Sushi buffet, where we had lunch on Friday afternoon. Are you really wondering?! Of course, I didn't eat just this...I had another plate first that was way more full!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

HOLY COW!!! Kristina, I know Lyndsey (the picture at the dock)! We were on the same freshmen floor at BYU!!! She is sooooo awesome. Tell her I say hi. Do you hang out with her a lot? That's so cool that you know her. What a small world:)

Stacey

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...