Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer = Sun + Sweat + ICE CREAM!!!




...Well, I had exciting, busy vacations, and now life is almost too slow. I finished up subbing before my trips and I have not had much success getting work through the temp agency that I applied with, so more or less since my vacation, I have been unemplyed. As ideal as that sounds for some of you, it makes me crazy...crazy bored and crazy poor. Oh well, my mom will be here in a couple weeks and then another week later, I will be off to Boston! I have just been running lots of errands, packing up my room, etc. I had a really good 4th of July. I went up to Provo in the morning and my younger brother, Alex, and I went hiking. We were going to do part of the Mount Timpanogos trail, not all of it this time, but we picked the wrong trailhead, so it was a quick 2 mile hike to the top of Stewart Falls and back down, and we decided to go over to the other trailhead to hike up a ways. We sweat a lot (alas, we are Carruth's), laughed a lot, and took some fun pictures...Alex was starving and kept eating all the snacks I packed. Then later in the afternoon, we had a pool party at my roommate's family's house in Draper. I love swimming and eating, so it was definitely fun. That night we watched the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. Saturday I hung out with Alex up here in Salt Lake, because his fiancee, Stacey, was still out of town, and I am the next best thing to her, I suppose, hehe. Here are a few pictures...today Alex made me buy him ice cream while I was in Provo, the things I do for people, and when I am poor, too...love ya, Alex, and it didn't really break the bank. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...