Saturday, July 26, 2008

Final Mountain Excursion





Yesterday evening, I went with my roommate, Shalene, and a few friends from our ward on my last mountain camping excursion in Utah. We left later than scheduled (boys-what can we expect?!) and drove up to Strawberry Reservoir. It is a gorgeous drive, we got to see the mountains, the wildflowers, the forests of aspen trees, the rolling hills, the rivers and lakes, etc. We kind of made our own campsite off the beaten path, set up camp, cooked tin foil dinners, talked, laughed, made s'mores, listened to the guys' lovely serenades, watched shooting stars, went on an imaginary journey of sorts (some mental imagery/psychology experiment), and slept very well. Shalene and I woke up before everyone else, made a quick pit stop in the woods (my favorite part of being a girl and camping), and went on a nice hour long stroll that allowed us to get to the top of the mountain and see in all directions. I love Utah, it is so beautiful. I will miss my mountains. Then after eating a quick breakfast, and cleaning up camp, we headed home. It was a fun time...I like getting dirty, but then I love being clean again.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...