Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun in the Texas Heat





...Many of you know that I have been having lots of fun trips, vacationing, etc. I left Friday June 13th for Texas, and I was there until Wednesday June 18th. I had a great time, despite the heat and humidity that I seemed to survive as a kid growing up there, but now as an adult, it just means I am sweaty and miserable unless I am swimming or inside with AC. Maybe that is why I took up swim team at an early age. Anyway, I stayed with my brother James and his family, which includes my sister-in-law, Ruth, and my 4 nieces and 1 nephew. Friday we went to Caitlyn and Aimee's pep rally for their swim team and then just hung out. Saturday I sweat the day away at Caitlyn and Aimee's swim meet-they have become quite the swimmers, and I was excited to be at their last meet of the season, I am their Super Swimmer Aunt Krissy afterall. We hung out the rest of the day, went swimming, and then went out to dinner. Sunday was Father's day, I got to attend church in the same chapel that I attended for some 12 years of my life. We had a yummy dinner, an assortment of desserts, and a relaxing Sunday afternoon (hehe, there was a little drama for me, but I won't go into details, you want to know, email me). After a superearly run Monday morning for me, we headed to Schlitterbahn with a packed van. Schlitterbahn is the best waterpark ever, and the largest, and its some 3 or so hours away. It was me, my brother and his family, Caitlyn's friend, Ruth's mom and younger sister, and we met up with my other brother, Andrew and his wife, Leigh. It was a great day, and after tons of fun in the sun and lots of water rides, we made the long drive home. Tuesday and Wednesday were just hang out days, going to gymnastics, swimming at the pool, eating ice cream at Coldstone...I had a fabulous time thanks to the wonderful Carruth's in Texas. I love y'all!

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...