Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I love the mountains...



...I love the rolling hills...although riding up them can be a challenge. Alex and I had a great ride up Provo Canyon, he inherited a road bike, an old Schwinn, but still a road bike, from his fiancee's uncle. That means that he isn't on his mountain bike with road slick tires, and thus, I have lost my advantage of being on a lighter road bike. we had fun on our ride, as always, even if it was a very fast-paced one, and well, I haven't been out on my bike since before my trips. It was a good workout to say the least, and there were no attacking dogs out either, thank goodness. I think Le Tour de France really inspires us, too. We watched some of yesterday's footage. We also went swimming, Alex made me lunch, and then I treated us to soft serve ice cream cones. It was a fun day, and I appreciate people that love me and will play with me, especially when I am trying not to go crazy being unemployed. I will miss many things about Utah, mostly the mountains, but also lots of great places and people...I realized last night at a ward service activity, that I am getting down to "lasts"...my last time to do this or that, my last time to driveby this, my last time to see that person, etc. Sad...but I am leaving for Boston in 14 days to be exact...and for that, I am ecstatic!
PS...the picture is of our blessed bikes, without their spandex-clad riders, some of you have seen enough of Alex in spandex for your lifetime, haha...so I will cut back on those pictures.

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

hey, I just wanted to tell you how EXCITED I am for you and your move to boston! you are going to have so much fun. I keep telling ran that I keep imagining myself in new york and I need to stop!! I am so excited to see your fun adventures there and hopefully the ache in my heart will go away!!

your trips sound so fun! thanks for the postcard! it looks GORGEOUS! keep us (your loyal fans) posted!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...