Saturday, June 6, 2009

OPA!

So I have no idea what that means, other than greek people say it all the time and it's fun to say while throwing your arms up in the air. My friends and I have made an extensive list of all of the things that we want to see and do and experience in and around Boston this summer. Alison called me today to remind me that the Arlington Greek Festival was on our list, and was this weekend. We decided to make it an outing, and invited a few other friends. Alison also just got a new cd, which we decided will be our summer 2009 theme music. So we listened to it in her car, and tried to learn the words on the way to the Greek Festival.This is us looking excited for summer and all the fun that we are going to have! Amanda, Me, and Pat riding in the backseat.
Here is Alison and her sister, Madeline (Maddie) riding in the front seat. Don't worry, we were stopped at a red light to take the picture.
We literally sampled a little of everything. We started off with 2 gyros, shared amongst the 5 of us, to hold us over while we waited for our main meals in the long line. Then we had 2 platters to share which had: spanakopita, tiropita, mousakka, pastitsio, rice pilaf, greek salad, chicken souvlaki, etc. For those of you who know me, you know that I love Greek food, and that my favorite restaurant in all of Salt Lake City is Aristo's on 1300 E, by the U. It is awesome, and I have probably been there some 15-20 times. We also had desserts-baklava, keifti, and galaktobouriko (say that 10 times fast). It was amazing, and I loved it all.
Here is Alison, Maddie, Amanda, and Pat about to enjoy our spread!
Here is Alison and I, we were so hungry and waiting so patiently to split up the food and eat. We also got to enjoy a live Greek band, music, dancing, etc. We got up and learned some of the Greek dancing with a bunch of Greeks, it was a blast! I guess if there are not any more Greek festivals anytime soon, we will just hope for some other fun festivals. We ended the night watching a movie and chatting. We will see what tomorrow holds...I think there is a Strawberry festival several blocks away...

1 comment:

Vanalee said...

What!!! Greek food without me?????

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...