Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day

I love Sundays, but Saturdays are often wonderful days, too. I woke up Saturday morning, and lay in bed debating whether to go straight to the temple or whether to go running first thing. I decided to change and head to the temple, and I am so glad that I did. A friend from my ward, Luke Stoddard, has received his mission call to Panama and was going through the temple for the first time. What a privilege to be there!!! He was there with his older brother, other siblings, his father, his roommates, the bishop, etc. I was so happy to be there with so many people that make living in Boston so grand. I love being in the temple, and I learned a lot, and was reminded of my first time through the temple, like 4 1/2 years ago-crazy how time flies, I went through the London temple in December 2004. It was so great to be there with people who love me, accept me, and who were so happy to see me there, too. After a fabulous session at the temple, I headed home. After a little bit of reading, I got a call from my good friend Cassie, inviting me to the beach with her and some other friends. It was lots of fun. We played frisbee, played in the huge, freezing cold waves, ate snacks, sat huddled together to stay warm and dry off, and had great conversation. I am so so so excited for more beach trips this summer!!! Charlotte, Katie, Me, and Cassie after playing in the waves (I have never been so cold from swimming/being at the beach...I guess the east coast is colder, and I am going to have to remember to pack warm clothes...I had to borrow Cassie's hoodie!)
The 4 of us out playing in the waves, they got much bigger!!!

A view of the sea shore; we were also joined by 3 other friends (Andrew, Emily and Matt-but they didn't make it into the pictures). I love the water, guess that is why I chose swimming!?!

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...