Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

So I just wanted to take the time to wish my Dad a very Happy Father's day! I am eternally grateful to have such a wonderful father. My Dad always believes in me, always encourages me, and never lets me quit or stop short of my goals. He knows what I am capable of, and motivates me to keep going when the going gets tough. My Dad has taught me so much over the years, and it has been mostly through his example and watching the way he lives his life. My Dad is smart, funny, organized, hard-working, spiritual, humble, selfless, generous, patient, diligent, and the list could go on forever. Many of these qualities I possess myself, or at least I am striving to obtain...because after watching the way my Dad lives his life and watching how he makes choices, well, it has made me want to live my life more like his. I love you, Dad! I am so glad you are my Dad! Thanks for teaching me about the gospel, about how to be happy, about how to survive in the world, about the importance of appreciating other cultures and other parts of the world, about the joys of running and skiing and lots of other things active and outdoors related. Thanks for being there to cheer me on through my adventures, whether it was in person at my swim meets, through letters on my mission, or through your prayers and phonecalls in the last couple years. I love you, and am so excited to share my world here in Boston with you in August! Happy Father's Day, Dad! I wish I could be there to spend the day with you! A couple of Christmases ago, Dad tried on this wig from the girls' dress-up clothes and a pair of my fake, red glasses. Nice look, eh?! I would love him even if he did look like this everyday...you might get more stares in Tokyo though.
My Dad loves the gospel and is so diligent in his gospel studies. I hope to know as much as He does someday. His diligence in studying the scriptures is evident in this picture. Here he is a couple of Christmases ago in Ally and Luke's very small kitchen in London-he sat on a stool in the middle...it really is the size of some people's closets. He didn't want to be in the way or wake anyone.My Dad, Alex and I-a bunch of monkeys?! Speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.
Here is Dad, doing a little manual labor :) We were spending time at a playground in Kingwood with James, Ruth, and the kids.
Here is my Dad and I in Kamakura, Japan. I love how much my Dad loves Japan and everything Japanese. It is fun to learn from an expert of sorts, and we had a fun day showing Ally and Luke around.
I love when my Dad comes to visit me and spend time with me. When he came to Salt Lake City last spring, we had a fun day at Park City with the Zip line at Olympic Park and then a yummy picnic.
Here is Dad and I going up the lift, to then ride down the Zip line at Olympic Park. I would say I look like my Dad...and there are not many people who I would rather be like.

I love you Dad. I miss you everyday. Happy Father's Day to you!

3 comments:

Alex said...

We are so lucky to have such a great dad!

Vanalee said...

He is a great dad and a terrific, loving, generous husband! I love you post and photos!

Alex said...

nice lookin blog by the way

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...