Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Memorial Day (a few days late...)

Last weekend was lots of fun, and Memorial Day was a really good time, too. I woke up and did a run with my relay team (all 12 of us will be running a 200+ mile race in September, so each of us will run 3 different legs of the race, each of us running somewhere between 12-20 miles total, I will be running just under a total of 18). We ran along a beautiful part of the Charles River that I have not run along before, it reminded me of the greenbelts in Kingwood, only greener and with a river. Then we had a ward barbeque at the Johnson's home in Belmont. Brother Johnson is a counselor in the bishopric, and his wife is Jane Clayson Johnson (famous news caster, did Good Morning America, and some other morning shows, etc). There were lots of great people there, wonderful food, and fun times-including frisbee and croquet. Maddie (Alison's sister), Melissa (my roommate), and Rachel enjoying a sunny day outside at the barbeque
Some fun ladies-Aimee (from Maine) and Carly (from Alaska, who is also Boston's craftiest, most creative person)
Rachel, me, Alison and Maddie having a lovely time!
Here is Melissa and I right before we left the barbeque and headed out for more fun.
Our additional fun included a short stop at the beach, dinner, and a movie to finish off the Memorial Day weekend. I definitely played way too much this weekend, in addition to Memorial Day, and with a busy week of student teaching, I am suffering from allergies, lack of sleep, and some student teaching stress. Overall, life is good. I am debating taking a trip to Maine this weekend with my friends (that is where Rachel is from) or staying home to play a bit and get caught up on lots of other things...hmm?!?!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

Looks like a fun time was had by many! It is so nice you have a good group of girls to be around! Sounds like you all enjoy playing.
Good luck with the race training...

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...