Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Scooper Bowl

So for three days in downtown Boston, there is an annual event called the Scooper Bowl. This year was the 27th annual, each person pays $8 to enter, and it is all you can eat ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc. The $8 goes to the Jimmy Fund/Dana Farber cancer research. In the end, it is a great exchange, yummy ice cream for finding a cure. We tried to get a big group together, but alas, in Boston, we have so many lame people who always back out of activities. Only a few of us stalwarts showed. It was rainy, superwindy, and really cold for the middle of June, but we had lots of yummy ice cream and a fun time, despite the weather. Katie, Me, Maddie, and Alison-here we are with our ice cream cups, one scoop per cup...I totally won with 12 cups (and I honestly could have had more, but I decided not to make myself sick)
Me posing with the stack of ice cream cups-this stack is all of our cups stacked together, but I could have umm....eaten that much if I wanted?!
Katie is obsessed with ice cream, but was sorely disappointed that she could only handle 9 cups.
Maddie and I got downtown first, so we had an early start and got to spread our ice cream consumption over more time; she ended up eating 9 cups, too.
Alison had the latest start, but she still ate 7 or 8 cups. After this picture, she took the entire stack over to the trash can, and one of the employees was staring at her in utter shock...he honestly thought for a minute that she had eaten all of that...no way!
My favorites: Brigham's Black Raspberry Frozen Yogurt, Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, and Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Macadamia. There were some interesting ones-like Maine Lobster Tracks, Take a Cake, and Rock n Roll Swirl.
I LOVE ICE CREAM! I will definitely have to do this event again next year!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Can I just say had I been invited I would have been there and won? That sounds like the funnest thing ever!

dee said...

Now this is an event Dan would love to go to! He loves ice cream (me too). We can buy Safeway Select here in Yuzhno but it is 410 rubles (over $12.00 for less than 2 quarts!) but when you want it, you want it!
Looks fun and I am glad your group DID IT, bracing the cold weather and the rest of the people canceling!

Ruth said...

we could use some of that cooler weather here

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...