Sunday, May 10, 2009

Half Marathon pics

Scroll down to my post written yesterday to get a detailed play-by-play of the half marathon experience. It was amazing, challenging, hard, and so rewarding all at the same time. I loved it! Alison, left, and me, right, doing our pre-race warm up in our motel room. Alison is stretching, and I am umm, meditating?!
Strike a pose! (L to R) Melissa, Candice (my roommates), me and Alison doing a little stretching yoga, while overlooking Lake Winnepausakee
This should have scared off most of the competition-we are strong! (I am like a foot taller than everyone else...sometimes I forget how tall I am!)
Some pre-race jitters, but mostly lots of smiles and energy before our big 13.1 mile run
If you look to the right of this picture, that is me first in line, with my hands at my side like a soldier, I was really anxious to pee and use the port-o-potties and the race was going to start in 10 minutes!!! There just weren't enough there, and people just were not going fast enough.
My pigtails left, and Alison, waiting at the start, and checking out our competition.
Okay-find the woman in yellow top/blue shorts with glasses, then find the tall man with glasses, and then I am to his immediate left...do you see me?! and my crazy face?! I am pretty excited and was pretty energetic like that, pretty much through miles 10 and 11...at mile 11, I hit a wall and had to push hard through the end.
Alison's younger sister, Madeline, was our personal cheerleader and our photographer...here is one she took of the Lake. The run was quite scenic.
Here Alison and I are crossing the finish...she needed me and the perfect pace clock that runs in my body through mile 11, and I needed her to get me through the last 2 miles...we finished fast...that time is wrong since we started a little after. We made it in 1:56.20...under 2 hours!!!
Here is our group after the race-Team Sweetfeet, I am in the back row, 2nd from the right. Oh, it was awesome to finish!
Alison and I at the end-we are making a V for victory...we make the best team and the best running partners ever!

6 comments:

Alex said...

Attention...Attention everyone...my sister is a stud...especially waiting in line for port a potties, its good she didn't shoot it:)

Ashleigh said...

I hope I can be like you someday and run a half marathon!! That's awesome!! (I do try to run every once in awhile, but I just can't stay consistent...someday) I do remember you wanting to run on the mission and sorry if I ever slowed you down. You were very inspiring then and you still are!!

Andrew said...

Congrats Lupe! That is awesome! After the MS150... I can sympathize with the port o potty situation. You look like you had a blast. Maybe next year, Leigh and I can come cheer you on.

PS- Please disregard Alex's comparison of you to a bull meant for breeding... he still hasn't learned what "stud" means. I think you're a "force to be reckoned with!"

Stacey said...

It's nice to have a good buddy:)

Vanalee said...

So PT Lori from TAC said to tell you that you are awesome. She was way impressed with your time. I love and admire you!

Dan and Dee said...

What a girl! I love how active you are. The pictures along the river are just beautiful!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...