Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to wish a happy mother's day to my mother, of course. Without her, her sacrifices, her love, her support, her encouragement, her teachings, and her prayers, I would not be the woman that I am today. Thanks, Mommy, for everything you have done and always do for me! You are my bestest friend in the whole wide world, and I am glad that I get to grow-up and be just like you! My mommy
My mommy and I in Tokyo-I want to look just like her, so I wear fake glasses to attempt to pull off her look.
I also wanted to wish a happy mother's day to my sister, Allyson. She has been and continues to be a woman of faith, hope, and strength. She has always been such an example to me, and given me a path to follow. I wanted to be a missionary just like her, and I hope someday, I can have the chance to be a wonderful mother and wife like her. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend, and a fabulous big sister. I love you, Ally!
To my sister-in-law, Ruth. Happy Mother's Day to the mother of 5, soon to be 6, precious children, who makes being a mother look easy. I am grateful for the relationship that we have developed over these years, and for your help and advice in trying to help me be happier and have more fun. Thanks for believing in me and thanks for sharing your children with me!
To Stacey, the newest member of my family, and another sister-in-law. As a soon to be mother, I know you will be wonderful in your efforts. You are such an example to me and you live your life in such a righteous manner that I know you will create a special home for your children. I am excited to be your sister-in-law and I am excited to be the auntie of your children!
Ruth, Leigh, Allyson, and me in back-I love that I get to be a part of such an amazing family, I love that all my favorite people share themselves and their families with me, and I love that I have so many stalwart examples to live up to.
And to Leigh, who is last in the post, but certainly, certainly not least. I love you, Leigh! I love being your sister-in-law, and you are definitely one of my favoritest people to talk to. You are a very strong woman, your testimony is inspiring, and your love is easily felt by all who you come in contact with. Thanks for being you, and thanks for being fun, and thanks for being faithful even when life is not perfect. I know Heavenly Father has so many amazing blessings in store for someone as good, obedient, and committed to the gospel as you are. I am so excited for y'all to be in North Carolina.
And so to all the women in my life, my family, my friends, to those with children and grandchildren and to those without, you are women who inspire and motivate me to be better. I love all of you. I love how good and nurturing you are. Thank you.
To those of you with children, thanks for sharing them with me. As a young single adult woman, I want more than anything to be a mother. I love children. And I know many of you look at my blog, wish you had my life, and wish you could play, be single, and put your mother/wife responsibilities aside from time to time. But you have no idea...you have no idea that yes, life is good and I make the most of it, and I am truly blessed, but I would give up everything in a heart beat to be doing what you are doing. My heart aches to be a mother, to teach and nurture children, and to help this world be a better place through sharing the gospel and through raising a family of my own. Thanks for giving me hope and the desire to still have that, hopefully, be a part of my life sometime in the relatively near future. Happy Mother's Day-you are loved, and you are appreciated!


4 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your wonderful pictures of the important women/mothers in your life.
You will be a wonderful mom Kristina! You are getting practice by loving all the kids you are around for now. You are just too too amazing to not have that opportunity!

Vanalee said...

Thanks for the wonderful post. I am so glad that I get to be your mom. It is such a tremendous blessing to me. I am so grateful to have all the same wonderful women in my life. I love all of you.

Emily said...

I echo Dan and Dee (sorry, I don't know you who are). But I agree- you'll be a fantastic mother when the time comes! All this practice will come in handy...and you'll loved those kids with all you are. For now you're living it up being young and single and educated and well-traveled...keep on being you, and things will fall into place!

Ruth said...

thanks for the lovely shout out on your blog. i love you too and love when you get to come visit and play with the kids

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...