Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1st

Tonight we went to our friend Holly's show, she is studying at the Boston Conservatory, and it was her and other very talented students at her school, singing, dancing, and performing. It was lots of fun to watch. Before hand, we met up with some friends for Thai food. They had a regular menu, but then they also had a student menu (as opposed to a children's menu!?) Anyway, it was lots cheaper, so I decided to order from it, after having to show my Boston University ID :) Well, you could say I was pleasantly surprised when they brought out my meal and this is how it was served... Yes, that is basically a school lunch tray! Kinda random, kinda fun, and like one friend said, it kinda makes it seem less appetizing...school lunch=less than ideal memories for some. Everyone else had normal plates and bowls for their meals. Oh, well...the food was yummy, and cheap for me!
Every Friday in April, and then today, I would pick Isaac up from the Jewish synagogue (he really is Jewish, not like some nieces I have that go to Jewish synagogues for preschool and are Mormon :) where he goes to preschool and we would have lunch, run errands, go to the playground, go to the library, etc. I have been babysitting him over the course of the year. So today, after walking through some rain on the way home, it cleared up and we went to the park. Isaac actually took this one of me, with the green racket that we found on the ground.
And here is more evidence of springtime! It is absolutely lovely in Boston, everything is green and everything is blooming! I love all the flowers, in the ground, on the trees, on fences, etc.

2 comments:

Alex said...

At least they didn't serve you chicken fried steak with a ball of mashed potatoes that moves in one solid clump! We are very proud of you for finishing your course work! You are amazing!

Ruth said...

no applesauce sticks--too bad they were my favorite

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...