Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break in Utah

I actually get Spring Break at Boston University, something that I missed out on at BYU. I had made plans to go to Utah to see my Nana, my little brother Alex and his wife, Stacey, and several other wonderful people. My mom had decided to fly in to Utah as well. I always love my mom time!
We had dinner on Wednesday at Alex and Stacey's apartment with my Aunt Susie, my cousin Nicole, and my favoritest little person in Utah-Presley. PS...Nicole's hair has been dark for some time now, apparently, about as dark as mine. Oh, my Mom and I stayed at Alex and Stacey's apartment. Imagine that, I got to stay in Wymount, BYU's married student housing, and I didn't even have to be married.
Here are Alex and Nicole listening attentively to Stacey's explanations of what she was learning in her classes. Do you see what they are all sitting on?! My beautiful red couch, I mean, their beautiful red couch. They were lucky to inherit my red couch, black love sac, and glorious queen-sized bed and bedding...lucky them!
Alex and Nicole just being silly!
My beautiful, Presley, and I helped my mom decorate her yummy lemon cupcakes. Presley and I have always been big fans of baking and deocrating cupcakes together. Besides dinner, chatting, and cupcake decorating, I was the evening entertainment. I sang and danced to High School Musical 2 (still have not seen 3, I know, I am a disgrace). That explains the fabulous video that my little brother so graciously posted for me already.
I met up with my awesome mission companion, Sandy Schaugaard, for lunch on Wednesday. She finally got to meet my wonderful mom, too. There we are being crazy...
...and here we are being just us. Congrats again, Sandy, on the wedding! I am excited for you!
Oh, and my mom and I had a great Monday exploring some fun boutiques in Salt Lake, and trying these absolutely delicious and super darling cupcakes at Mini's. Can anyone guess what kind I had to try?! Yes, chocolate with peanut butter frosting-delightful! My 2 favorites ever are chocolate and peanut butter...and together, even better.

Here I am outside one of the random shops/boutiques in Salt Lake. A pretty major snowstorm hit on Monday, so we stuck around, and I had to reschedule skiing with one of my favoritest ski partners ever, aka Michael Meek. We ended up going Tuesday evening to Brighton, and it was a gorgeous evening, stayed light out for forever, and the snow was great. I did really well and had lots of fun, except for that whole pile of powder after the 8 foot hole. You will have to call or email to hear that story! I tell it so much better than I can write it! Anyway, I didn't get a picture with Michael. It would probably be incredibly stupid of me to ski with a camera, and it would be broken if I had had it with me. All in all, I had a wonderful spring break. I did no homework, except for on the planes. I got to eat out lots, and break my "no sweets" weeks by eating plenty of those. I got to do lots of running/training in Utah, running up mountains/hills and canyons-loved it! I got to spend lots of time with my mommy and I got to see my Nana everyday. She is doing ok, but not swell. I got to see my awesome friend, Sarah, for lunch on Saturday, but I don't have those pictures; my mom does. I got to have fun with Alex and Stacey, and well, it was a good time...to see those adventures, visit Alex's blog. Everyone is more than welcome to come to Boston, since I do all my visiting to y'all! Happy St. Patty's Day!

2 comments:

CrzyJess said...

I was at Wymount this morning picking up my fried Mallory. I should find out if she is in the same ward as your brother.

And Aristo's is a great choice. I'm there all the time. =)

Vanalee said...

Thanks for the memories!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...