Sunday, October 5, 2008

I LOVE AUTUMN






Growing up in Houston, TX, I have come to really appreciate living places where it really feels like Autumn. The leaves are changing here in the city, which means that we have to get a mini road trip in soon to see all the changing leaves around New England...that is on our to-do list for this weekend. I love the reds, oranges, and yellows. I love that it is chilly, and I love the fall...it is my favorite time of year, well the start of my favorite time of year...I like Halloween, then my birthday, then Thanksgiving, and on to Christmas. I love it all! So after an incredibly long, stressful week...I got to relax on Friday. The week had been full of class, work, lots of reading, writing 3 papers, preparing a presentation, and attempting to fit in some other good things and social things...Friday was much appreciated. I woke up and got my ultimate spiritual upliftment at the temple. I love the Boston Temple! Then I drove into the city, and got my hair cut and colored at a salon on Newbury Street-every girl's ideal street-packed with shops, shoe stores, boutiques, yummy restaurants and cafes, and lots of big trees. So that was my worldly/personal upliftment. Then after running a few errands, doing some things at home, etc, I went out to dinner with a few friends, and we met up with a lot more friends for games, good conversation, and lots of laughing. This weekend has been great. I absolutely loved General Conference. I watched both sessions on Saturday at the chapel, and in between, my friends, Alison, Rachel, and Andrew and I got good food and walked around Harvard Square (our chapel is in the midst of Harvard and its campus/college scene). This morning we had a brunch at some girls' in our ward's house, and watched the morning session, then Alison, Rachel and I went to the church for the afternoon session. Life is great. I am blessed. I am busy, but still have time to do those things that are most important to me. I miss you all! Happy Autumn time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair is cute! I miss you lots but I'm glad that you're having a TON of fun in Boston.

Kristen and Ryan said...

SO jealous of fall!! houston definately is a lot like tucson in the no autumn respect...except in tucson you could go up the mountains and see a little bit of color!
hey, my bishop has a daughter in Boston right now as a traveling physical therapist. I don't know her first name, but her last name is Hanis.
have fun! keep posting fun pictures!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...