Sunday, October 12, 2008

Saturday AM: Massachusetts





Saturday morning I picked up my friends, Andrew and Rachel, and we headed west to a town called Harvard, MA for apple picking at a local apple orchard called Phil's apples. It is still owned and operated by Phil, an old man who enjoyed giving me a hard time. The apple cider was free and oh so yummy! We had some other friends there, too...but Rachel and I kept busy filling our huge bag, the biggest size you could get, with a great selection of apples...we were racing around to get the best ones. I eat an apple a day, so I am definitely well-stocked! There were lots of awesome autumn leaves to be seen all along the drive to and from, there were fields that were bright orange and filled with pumpkin patches, and the weather was beautiful! We drove the whole way with my car windows down! I found gas for really cheap, too...that makes me happy since it really adds up driving a lot. Then as we headed back to Boston, Andrew suggested that we go out for lunch, aaaaahh...I hate being poor. I agreed though. He took us to one of his favorite Thai restaurants, and my yellow curry was fantastic! In the end, Andrew ended up taking the bill, he said that it was the least he could do in return for all my chauffeuring...I like having good friends...and I can never say no to free meals! After lunch, Rachel and I came back to my place to bake my favorite apple caramel pie (it's my Aunt Susan's recipe-a Thanksgiving favorite...Rachel doesn't like nuts, so we made the topping without it...and just so all of you that make it know...it still turned out really yummy). We hung out until Alison came over and then we were ready for our next adventure...

1 comment:

pam said...

You and the apples look great! You should post your pie recipe. Good to hear from you. We had a fun reunion the first Friday of this month. We had a good turn out and it was good to see so many, but of course we missed you. Glad you are enjoying your life in Boston.

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...