Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friday PM: New Hampshire





Who would have ever thought how easy it could be to visit 3 states in one weekend?! Well, on the east coast, it is really, really easy. In fact, we were going to add Maine in there for Sunday, but we have decided to make Maine it's own weekend trip. My good friend, Rachel, is from Maine and so we will take advantage of staying with her parents when we go. I had a great Friday, doing lots of errands, cleaning my house, going to the temple (I can never fully express just how much I love going to the temple, both driving there and being in there...and the Boston Temple, I just love it, everyone is so welcoming and friendly!), etc. Then I picked up Alison and Rachel, and we met up with some more friends. We all carpooled up to New Hampshire, to Canobie Lake Park. It is an older amusement park, nestled in the woods, and it was all decked out for Halloween, with 3 different haunted events-a haunted mansion, a crypt, and a 3-D haunted lab (where we got to wear supercool 3-D glasses that wouldn't stay up on my nose, hence the librarian look). Mark and Ryan were our fearless leaders, and our photographers now that I look...they aren't in any of the pictures...hmm. We rode a few rides, and the teenage girl let us do the bumper cars 2 times in a row, even though she was supposed to close them down for the night. It was a fun adventure...but just the beginning of a very busy weekend full of adventures for me...(Am I playing too much?! Probably...oh well...I am thoroughly enjoying myself!)

1 comment:

Vanalee said...

The 3D glasses are very flattering! It does my heart good to see you having so much fun.

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...