Sunday, October 12, 2008

Saturday PM: Providence, RI





So after a busy day, Rachel, Alison and I headed down for the evening to Providence, Rhode Island. They do an event called Waterfire. There are bonfires lit all along the riverway in the heart of the city, and there is music, entertainers, and some live bands. It is right next to a really big, amazing mall. We enjoyed the sites and sounds for sure. We ran into some friends, Cassie, Adam, Cassie's friend Ammon visiting from AZ, and David (the violin maker, I think I have mentioned him before...people here are so amazing, unique, intelligent, and talented...to say the least). Then later we met up with some of Alison's friends from southern Massachusetts that were also in Providence. I love playing in New England, and I have decided that although I am here for a Master's (and don't get me wrong, I love school and I love my program), I am really here for an excuse to explore, meet lots of new people and have lots of fun. Those of you that have known me during my stressful semesters at BYU wouldn't believe it is the same me. I always say, "Well, I really should study"...but I play, and always make time for studying when I absolutely have to...and school is going fine so far. I am enjoying being social and meeting people, it makes me happy. I love Boston and all of New England, really. Oh, so Rhode Island puts me at 26 states that I have visited...24 to go...and being on the East coast will get me another 10 or so visited, no problem.

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

I had a lot of catching up to do with your blog, I am glad you have posted more lately! Life sounds good. I am glad you like the NE as much as you do. You've lived in cold so Boston in wintertime won't be horrible for you, a bit more humid, but still fine.
Stay happy--oh and we had a GREAT time in China with your folks!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...