Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fun Times in New England...



...So I know that my time is overdue for a new post. Life is just swell! I have been really busy, but I like that about life usually. I love my classes, and I am doing pretty good keeping up with the work, the reading, etc. I am only behind in one class, but since he cancelled class this week for his son's wedding, I have time to catch up and get ahead. I like my Master's program, I like the style of learning a lot better. We read outside of class, and then we come to class and have lots of discussion and the classes are smaller. It's great. Then I have papers and presentations besides. It's not any of this: frantically take notes in class, memorize them, regurgitate them in order to ace the test, and then forget them...oh, the days of my undergrad degree. So school-I like. Work has been busy as we are hiring and training lots of new and returning tutors for the Literacy program that we implement in inner city public schools, but in a couple of weeks, it will all settle down and work will be easy and stress-free. Life is just good. No complaints. I like my ward and I am meeting lots of new people. Wednesday I went running with a new friend, Bryce, and his dog, Gilligan (a beautiful Golden retriever), I need to run with people faster than me, it makes for a lot better, faster runs! I went to the temple on Friday and took another new friend, her name is Cassie, she is doing a Masters at BU, too, and moved from AZ. I love the temple, and it will be great having a temple buddy...having a car let's me help a lot of people out. Saturday, after our training day for work, I took 3 other people with me up to our Young Single Adult Regional Campout in New Hampshire, it was beautiful. There were people coming from Maine, NH, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. I had a great time. I love camping, and I love s'mores! and I love being outside. I will put a couple of pictures up...they are from Friday night, I went out to eat at this yummy Brazilian restaurant with my friend, Cassie (long, brown hair) and her friend, Marissa. I love y'all...it's the beginning of another week....get excited!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love seeing new pictures of you and your friends. Love you!

Ruth said...

sounds like lots of fun

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...