Friday, February 12, 2010

January Trip to Utah-The Best of Times and the Worst of Times

My trip that my Mom and I had scheduled to Utah, quickly changed purposes when my Nana passed away just a few days before I was to leave Boston for Salt Lake City. I still needed to get a wedding dress, but I hoped and prayed that I would find one really quick since time needed to be spent with family and with funeral planning and funeral events. I guess you could say it was the best and worst of times, some happy and some sad times were all mixed into one week.

Thankfully, my prayers were answered. I flew into Salt Lake late Monday night, right after being proposed to (I could not stop staring at my sparkly new ring the whole flight), and was met by my Mom and Dad. Tuesday we went wedding dress shopping, and my prayers were answered. I tried on 7-8 dresses at a bridal shop in Salt Lake, and then we decided to go to Provo, where the second dress that I tried on...was it! I found the perfect dress. It was so me, it fit perfectly, it is the perfect length for my height, and no alterations are needed at all! Done. It meant the rest of my time, I got to enjoy with family. I got to go running with one of my favorite running partners again, my Dad. I got to see lots of family and relatives that I have not seen in a long time. I got to have a sleepover with Andrew and Leigh in their motel room. I laughed and smiled a lot, and I shed tears for my Nana and the void that filled my heart knowing she was gone from me. I am grateful to know she is no longer suffering and that she is happy and peaceful and with my Papa again. It was interesting to be at the viewings and the funeral, and yet have people so happy and excited for me and my engagement and upcoming wedding. I know my Nana would have been so excited for me if I could have seen her.
Here I am with my nieces, Aimee and Caitlyn
And here we are again, being less silly. I love being an auntie!
Here are my sisters-in-law, Leigh (married to Andrew) and Stacey (married to Alex). All of our birthdays are within a 13 month period, so we are quite close in age. I love you, ladies, and it is always so good to see you!
Here is Alex and baby Jan...and yes, I did tie my scarf around her so she looks like a little sumo baby. Hehe.
After the viewing on Tuesday night, my Dad, Mom, Leigh, Andrew, and I went out for some yummy frozen yogurt.
I first insisted on sitting at this little table, just me, and just my size! Haha. I did join everyone at the big kid table to eat frozen yogurt, I promise.
My fiancee, Brian, and his family sent some flowers for my Nana's funeral, which was so thoughtful. They had chosen birds of paradise; my Nana's favorite flowers were birds of paradise and similar tropical flowers. What a tender mercy. I will miss my Nana, but I know she is happy!

1 comment:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...