Friday, February 12, 2010

December Trip To Utah-1st stop Salt Lake City/Provo

After finishing up a busy semester of student teaching, I left Boston on Monday, December 14th and headed into Salt Lake City airport. I spent several days with my Mom and we stayed at my Aunt's house in Centerville. We did lots of errands, Christmas shopping, visited my Nana, and spent time down in Provo with some of my favorite people-Alex, Stacey, and baby Jan. I also got to see Brian 3 days in a row! The picture of Jan is her in her bear suit, that keeps her warm...I like to say she looks like a bunny, so I call her my little bunny! She is so cute!
So the bumbo chairs are for babies to sit in and keep themselves from falling...well, Alex is having as much fun being a father as he did being a kid. Here he is wearing the bumbo chair upside down on his head like a turban.
I got to do breakfast one morning with one of my bestest friends ever, Sarah. Our new favorite breakfast spot is Magelby's at the Shops at Riverwoods in Provo. The food is so yummy, and pretty cheap...well, maybe just cheap for me compared to Boston.
On Tuesday night, Brian and I went to dinner in Salt Lake at one of my favorite Thai restaurants, Sawadee; I had the Massuman curry-delicious! Then we went to Temple Square and walked around and enjoyed all of the lights. We all stopped in the Assembly Hall to hear some high school aged singers/performers. I love Christmas music, Christmas lights, and spending time with family and friends. Brian took lots of pictures at Temple Square, and he does a much better job than I do capturing things at night. This one looks like it could go in the Ensign.
Merry Christmas from Salt Lake City! This is a pretty view of the Salt Lake City Temple and the reflection pool.

So I spent time with family in Provo and Centerville/Bountiful, and then my Mom and I left on Saturday, December 19th and headed down to St. George.

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

WOW, I honestly would love a copy of this picture Kristina. It is absolutely the prettiest picture of the SLC temple I have ever seen!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...