Friday, February 12, 2010

IT'S OFFICIAL!

So I spent about 2 weeks back in Boston, being Relief Society president, and wrapping things up with school and my Master's degree. I did lots of errands, I got my apartment contract sold, and tried to work out moving to Houston details. I also started wedding plans. My mom and I decided that I needed a wedding dress shopping trip to Utah, since that is the only place to really find modest wedding gowns these days. I left Boston on Monday, January 18th, with a bad winter storm delaying things a bit, headed to Salt Lake. I was supposed to have a several hour layover in Houston before going on to Salt Lake that night. Of course, Brian and I had decided to meet up and do dinner or something. After talking to Brian the night before I left, I thought something was up...and I was right! He proposed during the time for my layover in Houston and I am officially engaged with the ring to show it!!! I am excited to be getting married, and to get to be Mrs. Brown soon!Here is the ring! It is just what I like, Brian did well! He met me at the airport, all dressed up, and waiting for me with a rose. Then he walked me outside and we got in a limo...what a romantic-love him! Then on the limo ride, he got down on one knee, said some really wonderful, adorable things, and asked me to marry him...I said, "Of course! Yes!" It was perfect...the proposal, the ring, being with him. He hadn't told me where we were going, but he took me to a yummy restaurant in Kingwood called Raffa's.
Here is the happy engaged couple! Dinner was perfect, and then we had just enough time for Brian to drive me back to the airport for my connection to Salt Lake. I love you, Brian!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

Beautiful ring! Brian DID do a good job picking it out. (but I would not have thought any differently)
OH, and as for states-I still need to go to N.Dakota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota-then all 50 done! Road trip....

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...