Thursday, May 8, 2008

What you have all been waiting for...




...so many of you have been wondering where I have been and what my final decision is? I am sorry that life seems so crazy busy for me most of the time and I don't have enough hours in the day. I did go to New York two weekends ago. I had a wonderful time and stayed in Garden City, an adorable town on Long Island, with a friend of my mom's that she knew while living in London. I enjoyed the sites of the city, good company with the family I was staying with, and well, Columbia is an amazing school with a beautiful campus. I was honestly thinking while I was there...do I really belong here? This is Columbia, wow! My advisor was a great guy, and he is top in his field, as are all of the professors at the university. I just didn't feel as at ease and as at peace with myself the whole time. In Boston, I loved every aspoect of it and just felt great there. I could totally see myself there the whole time. With Columbia, I do not want to be in debt thousands of dollars, and I just don't see myself living in New York City as a 24-year old Caucasian girl who is single. So it is off to Boston I go! Having made my decision, everything is falling into place. It didn't seem like housing would work out quite right, but everything is falling into place perfectly for a place in Brookline, the neighborhood that I wanted to be in; it's closest to BU (Boston University). It looks like I will probably be on my way to Boston around the beginning of August. Yeah! I am so excited about everything...change is really hard for me, but I know it is really good for me, and I know that I will have some awesome experiences and opportunities there. I have just been playing catch-up, subbing for my same 3rd graders-they are fun kids, and enjoying Salt Lake. My mom was in town for 2 days last weekend, and I had tons of fun playing with her, and spending time with Alex and Stacey (my future sister-in-law), too. Well, hope this is what you wanted to know...love to all!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

so excited for you!!

Kim said...

Yay! I love when a decision is made and then there is that huge sigh of relief.

I LOVE Boston. I almost moved there 4 or 5 years ago, but things took me along a different path.

dee said...

hooray! You will love it! And it will love you!

Emily said...

You're lucky to get to see the schools before you go there. I was like one of the only people at my school who didn't go to admitted student's day. I didn't realize it was such a big deal. Anyway, SO glad you're going to Boston! Can't wait for all the fun ahead for you. Great place.

Pretzel's World said...

Hi Kris
Thanks for having a play date with Presley on Monday! YOU ROCK!! We are going to miss you and PRESLEY IS ALREADY WORRYING that you will not be here for her special KRISSY & PRESLEY day!! You have been a huge part in her life this last little while, and I am thankful for that! THANK YOU! We are VERY PROUD of you! I am so happy you have made a plan and feel right about it! Good things are ahead for you! and MR RIGHT!!! He is waiting patiently in Boston fgr you!! I just know it! We love you!! xoxo Call ME!!
WE could meet for lunch! MUAH!!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...