Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer is coming...





...and that makes me so happy. Even though summer brings heat, here in Utah, it doesn't bring the humidity, and summer nights are cool. I love all the hiking and biking that I get to do up in the beautiful mountains, which are still really green and pretty from all the snow melt and all the rain we have had. I have still been teaching at some great schools and having lots of fun with elementary school kids; next week is their last week of school. In fact, on Friday, I subbed for a 2nd grade class that I have been with before, and I got to go on their field trip to Hogle Zoo with them. They are great kids, and were so excited about all the animals (even though to me, they are all a little depressing locked up in their cages and lame habitats). The kids thought it was hilarious when a bird pooped on my white capri pants halfway throught the morning, just my luck, but at least I could provide additional entertainment. I have been enjoying drive-in movies/outdoor movies with friends. On Memorial Day, even though it was raining all day, my roommate Shalene and I were stubborn and still went hiking like we had planned. It was a blast, even if we were soaked through, and we pretty much laughed at ourselves the whole time for being crazy and out in the rain, especially with all of our slipping and sliding in the mud. This morning, I headed to Provo where Alex and I biked up Provo Canyon, we went further then I have ever been, as far as you can go, right before you hit the Girl Scout Camp and you can't trespass. It was a gorgeous day, and I was doing great...Alex usually climbs the hills/mountains way better than I do, but I kept up and was having a great day. All in all, life is great. I only have 2 weeks until my vacations start...to Texas, then London, and then the Canary Islands! Then I am back in Utah for the month of July before heading to Boston. Life is great, have I said that?! Keep me posted on your adventures of summer! Love to all!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

glad you are having a great time. can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Dan and Dee said...

Sounding fun, looking good!
Fun times ahead. I just miss you in Kingwood! :( I am here until the 4th of June. Then back on the 14th for Danielle's wedding...
Your trip sounds like it is going to be great!

pam said...

It makes me tired to read about all the activities you are involved in. But it sounds like you have fun. I am jealous of your vacations plans. Say Hi! to everyone in the Canary Islands for us.

Leigh said...

blazing trails lupe!! can't wait to see you this summer. it's been too long.

Alex said...

you are awesome...you do look hardcore up on the mountains! and our ride! you are an awesome rider now!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...