Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rex Lee Run


I forgot to inform you all...(man, I really need to remember to post things on my blog right after they happen, or put up a new post right after I take pictures)...on Saturday, March 15, my younger brother, Alex and I ran in the Rex Lee Run down in Provo, UT. We did the 10k this time; I ran in this race several times before my mission, but I usually just did the 5ks. It was cold, but a great run. Running with Alex, who is a boy and 6 inches taller than me, required me to run faster than my normal training pace...we averaged about 8 minute 15-20 second miles...my fastest 10k time ever. We had our own cheering squad at the finish, since James, Ruth, and their kids had come in the night before. I have a funny story to go with this....so the race finishes on the outdoor track and they started the 10k runners first, but timed it bad, cause we were finishing with all the slow 5k people-they weren't running at this point, they were walking. I always keep something in me so that I can sprint at the end, and well, Alex was being polite and saying on your left, on your left, so we could pass the walkers on the inside lane of the track...well, one group of girls weren't moving after he had warned them. So i screamed, "MOVE!!!" One of the girls said, "Hey, be nice!" It made me laugh...only in Provo. I wanted to finish my 10k strong, and they were just in my way. Be nice, haha, I guess in Salt Lake we are not that nice.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...