Saturday, April 5, 2008

General Conference, Mission Reunions, etc.


One of my absolute favorite companions flew in on Thursday, Hermana Mayo, also known as Sharon these days. I went to dinner at my favorite restaurant in Salt Lake with her and some of her other friends on Thursday night. It is this Greek restaurant called Aristo's up on 1300 East. (The picture is Sharon and I, my hair...don't mock it, I went in to Paul Mitchell School last Friday...and well, it's not quite what I had in mind...a little too golden, I am still working with it!) Then Friday night, I went to Alex's mission reunion here in Salt Lake to hear him sing 2 great musical pieces with some other elders from his mission. After that, I rushed south to Lindon for my own Mission Reunion where I got to see plenty of familiar faces. I loved my mission, and for those of you that don't know...I am going back to Las Islas Canarias this summer, in June, with my sister and her family...we will be on the last island that I served on, Tenerife. Yeah! It was great to see old companions, elders and hermanas that I served with, and President and Hermana Craig. Now I am spending the weekend enjoying General Conference. I love this Church, I love its teachings, and I am so grateful for all of the blessings and for all of the happiness that come into my life from being a member. I spent today in the Tabernacle watching the sessions; I realized last night this might be my last time in Utah for General Conference for a while...I decided to enjoy it on Temple Square. I love all of you!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

Good for you for blogging!
Where have you decided to go to school???? I was hoping that was listed!
Looks like y'all have been having too much fun!
I didn't know about your Spain plans! That is so awesome! Hope it is great time for all of you!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...