Monday, March 24, 2008

Eeny Meeny Miney Mo...


...So I am still enjoying my life in Salt Lake City. I was just thinking today that my life really isn't too stressful. I get to do lots of good things, things I need to do and things I want to do...well, to some degree, being pretty poor only allows so many wants...anyway...my options for future plans/schooling are only complicating my simple life. Today I got home and had recieved my acceptance letter to Columbia University...now I have 3 wonderful schools in 3 awesome cities, each with wonderful opportunities, to choose from...University of Utah, Columbia University, and Boston University. With my luck, I will recieve my acceptance letter to the University of South Carolina tomorrow and have all 4 of my schools to choose from. I don't want to sound like I am complaining...I know that I am very lucky and very blessed...I mean seriously...I didn't think I would really get into Columbia...it seemed like a long shot. So I know that any of the schools would be fabulous...but I have to figure that out...where do I need to be for the next few years of my life? which city is for me? which school will offer me the best opportunities? I will be umm, doing my dad's famous pros and cons lists, as well as phone calls, pondering, flight plans for trips to Boston and NY, etc. I will keep you all updated, I promise. I would love to hear any insights or thoughts y'all have. Anyone with feedback on living in NYC or Boston, feel free to comment on my blog or email me at kristina.carruth@gmail.com... Later!

7 comments:

Star Gazer said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, so many wonderful options and opportunities. :) You deserve it!

Kimberlee T said...

wow, what a smarty pants! but who wouldn't want kristina to come to their school?! well...you know what I think about living back east! it would be so much fun but then again there are lots of things to consider like cost and all that "practical" stuff! we're looking at places to live in houston and I saw kingwood on the map and thought of you!! good luck!

Anonymous said...

My sister Shalane lives in Boston and she loves it. Her husband is going to school there and they've had some really awesome experiences and have met cool people. They are also moving to New York in the summer for my brother-in-laws residency. So I've got both of those places covered for you.
I want to be selfish and tell you stay in Utah (not that I get to see you often). I'm praying for you and I know you'll make the best decision for your life.
Love ya.

Dan and Dee said...

I think it would be great for you to have a different area to live, so I am for leaving Utah behind this time.
Boston is extremely expensive, I am guessing Columbia as well. Where do the schools rank? Placement afterwards?
Congratulations on having choices, best wishes making the best one! You know it will happen, get the pro con list going~!!
I will watch for your decision!

merrilykaroly said...

I haven't lived in NYC or Boston, but I have lived in Utah, so let me know if you need me to tell you a little about it. Hehe just kidding. Congratulations!

Ashleigh said...

Hey Kristina...have you decided on a a place yet. If I were you I would go to New York. That's just because usually you can find cheap flights to London from there and I know that you love London. Good luck....Ash

Miss Bear said...

Hi Kristina,
My name is Shanda, and I am friends with Nicole..I was randomly surfing, and read your post! First, congrats, that is awesome! Second, I thought I would tell you I had a cousin who went to Columbia and LOVED it! I also had a friend who went out there for his Masters and had the best time! Just a little info, but hope it helps!!!
Shanda

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...