Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baptism and Baby Blessing in TEXAS

I have spent the last 6 days or so in Kingwood, TX...more or less, where I was born and raised. I flew in Saturday, Sept. 5 and left today. I always have so much fun being the auntie with my Texas nieces and nephew. My Dad and I flew to Houston together, and were picked up at the airport by my Mom, who had been there the majority of the week. We went back to my brother and sister-in-law's home in Kingwood. James and Ruth's second oldest, Aimee, was being baptized. In our church, children are baptized at age 8, and Aimee was so excited for her special day. Aunt Krissy (as they call me) and Aimee, at home before her baptism. We went to the church for the baptism and for the special talks and music that accompanies it. There were a lot of family and friends there to support Aimee in her decision. It was neat for me to reminisce, since I was also baptized in the same church in Kingwood, back when I was 8...wow, almost 18 years ago!
My sister-in-law, Ruth is very talented and makes all sorts of birthday cakes, wedding cakes, and other special desserts, treats, candies, and cupcakes. She made this cake for the baptism; it is made to look like scriptures/the Bible.
Here is the aerial view. Maybe someday I will be as talented as she is, or I guess, I will just be sure to enjoy all of her sweet treats in the meantime ;)
After the baptism, everyone headed back to James and Ruth's house for dinner. Instead of eating, I went on a 12 mile run (in preparation for my team's relay race in a couple of weeks). My mom rode a bike while I ran, and so we had fun chatting, and running all around Kingwood. It sure was nasty and humid though.

On Sunday, James and Ruth's 6th child, Holli Danese Carruth, was blessed. In our church, babies receive a special blessing from their fathers when they are born. She is such a darling baby, and looks a lot like her sisters and her brother. The rest of the day was a typical Sunday, relaxing, being with family, and playing with the kids.
On Monday, we spent Labor Day at Uncle Russ and Lora's house, which is right on Lake Conroe. It was James and Ruth, their 6 kids, my Mom and Dad, me, Russ and Lora, and their son Bill and his family-wife and 3 girls. We played, swam, went boating and kayaking, ate lots of yummy food, and enjoyed each other's company. Lora's ribs were amazing for dinner. We had a fun day in the sun, probably my last one since it is already Fall in Boston. Above is Havana and I on the boat (don't ask-no makeup and crazy hair that was falling out for sure ;)
Here is Lainey on the tube for her turn. I got on the tube twice and insisted that Bill drive really fast...I love speed, I love pretending that I am tough enough to handle anything, and I love a good adrenaline rush. My arms are still sore from having to hold on so tight while he was driving so fast, I bit my whole upper lip pretty bad, I bruised my chin but that is disappearing, and my legs were super sore from flopping up and down on the waves and the wake of the water. Man, I love boating...as well as the battle wounds to prove my toughness.
My parents left on Tuesday morning, and I spent Tuesday and Wednesday playing with Havana and David, who don't go to school yet, and holding baby Holli. I got to play with the big girls when they got home from school. I always love getting all my time to play and be with cute kids, expecially in Texas. Here is Havana blowing out the candle on the cupcake that I made for her out of playdough...looks real, huh? I am that good!
Here is David making a pouty face, he is hilarious and so BOY, especially considering that he has 5 sisters now!
Havana was showing me lots of gymnastics tricks in her room, on the trampoline, and in the gameroom; she wants to be an Olympic gymnast, and she has the build for it.
Havana took this picture of David-he is a cutie!
Havana took this picture of me with Holli while we were playing in her bedroom. The kids love taking pictures with my camera and with my camera phone...they are kind of technology junkies.
Last night, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Here are Lainey and I with our bandit bandana's-we are bad cowgirls (ps they are our napkins).
Here is Caitlyn and David at dinner-cute smiles! I love my Texas kids!
and this is Ruth and Caitlyn.
Thanks for letting me come and play in Texas! I miss all of you already...and I really don't know if I can wait until Christmas to see y'all!

2 comments:

Sarah Duffy said...

Stina!!! You are gorgeous! Love the hair. And I love reading your blog and seeing all your pictures. I am so glad you are having fun. Miss you! Love you!

dee said...

whew...I just read a ton of your posts. I always enjoy catching up with you. I am now back in Russia nd it is Sunday and I wanted to see what you were up to.
Loved your stories, your accounts of your visits and the things you experienced with family and all. What a fun few weeks you have had. You are a doll, I love your hair.
I am glad you have so much fun with your family!!! They are all awesome!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...