Sunday, February 15, 2009

Super Random Friday the 13th in Salem, MA

So my friends and I had good intentions of going to Salem, MA for their festival the week leading up to Feb. 14th for their So Sweet Valentine's and Ice sculpting event. There were supposed to be tons of window decorations, ice sculptures throughout the city, lots of free prizes and free chocolates all over. We thought it sounded fun. So without realizing, we ended up there on Friday evening...yes, Friday the 13th in Salem, MA. Nothing scary happened, I promise, but it was definitely one of the most RANDOM nights that I have had in a while. We get in town around 7 pm, and it's like a ghost town. Everything is closed and deserted, and apparently most of the ice sculptures were melted (we actually had several warmer days this week, yes, above freezing in Boston in the winter-a true miracle). So we wandered around, and ended up spending most of the night at this place called Gulu-Gulu Cafe. We had an assortment of meats, cheeses, and bread for starters. We had yummy smoothies, and we had crepes or paninis for dinner. They had an old Godzilla movie on a big screen-horrible movie, totally weird. There was also a DJ playing 80s music. Then there was a cabinet filled with games. Andrew and Alison chose to play Scrabble...we played twice. The first picture (above) is of the 2nd round-we were struggling with too many short words.
Me, Andrew, Amanda, and Alison (L to R) at Gulu-Gulu Cafe, after eating our yummy crepes and smoothies.
Our first round of Scrabble...we did ok, I lost this round. Yes, we are all members of the Church, and yes, that is the word exalted in the center of the board; Alison played this first word to get us started!
Before deciding on the Gulu-Gulu Cafe to spend a random evening of food eating, Godzilla watching, Scrabble playing and all of us being in weird moods, we stopped in this Comic store. Here I am posed with the KISS doll...I would fit in with the band a little too well, due to my tongue fetish.
Alison and I posed with our Be*witched friend, a little Friday the 13th like. We laughed on the way home that we had driven the 20 miles to Salem with good intentions of particpating in the festival events, and instead playing Scrabble, listening to 80s, watching Godzilla, and yeah...it sounds like a freaky dream...We had a good time, but it's not an excursion that I plan to make again anytime soon.

1 comment:

CrzyJess said...

KRISTINA!!! I have thought about you so many times and wondered how you are doing. I'm so glad I found your blog. Very cute pictures..looks like you are loving life. =)

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...