Sunday, August 31, 2008

My humble abode in Boston







Well, I have had some requests to see pictures of my new place in Boston, I actually live in a neighborhood of Boston called Brookline. There are more homes with yards, more families, and the schools here are supposed to be better than some in other parts of the city. I love it. I like my new place, now that I have deep cleaned it a couple of times. I live on the 3rd floor of a red brick house built in 1923. It looks a little worn on the outside, but I learned that our apartment was very recently redone on the inside-a plus, even though I do seem to enjoy older homes with personality. We have newly finished wood floors, and all the woodwork around the doorframes and windows is nice, a darker wood stain. We have a living room, dining room, a kitchen, a pantry/food preparation area, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a covered back porch/landing for extra storage (which is a plus in New England). My bike is temporarily parked in the dining room until I decide where to put it...it's a bit tacky, sorry. I also have a little driveway space right behind the building just for my car, which makes me feel that it is quite safe there. So I will attach the pictures...I like my room a lot, even though I am without my queen-size pillow top bed and my love sac, etc. (I hear that Alex and Stacey are quite enjoying the furniture). Oh, the couch in the living room makes into a sofa bed...so free space if you want to come and stay...or I would recommend a charming bed and breakfast. Enjoy the tour.

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

I am glad things are going so well for you! New England does have beautiful homes. I took a trip back east the summer b/f I got married and the one request my mother had was for me to take pictures of the homes. I took tons and had them printed up just so she could see them.
There is so much history, and great outlet malls. You have to go to the Christmas Tree shops!
If you go to Maine (So.portland) my Freshmen year roommate is there and she would put you up-let me know.)
Keep doing well and exploring LOTS!

Ruth said...

looks nice. i like the new bedding. love ya

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...