Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Boston...


So I have not blogged in forever...I do apologize, I have been really busy, and well, I don't have pictures from all of my Colorado fun with my family reunion and my little brother, Alex's wedding. Most of the rest of my family took pictures there on their cameras, and I am waiting for a cd with all of them. So hmm...I also did not put up lots of pictures of my road trip since my mom and I didn't have the best of internet along the way. I have had a good summer, a great one, and I am grateful for all of the memories. My mom and I had an enjoyable time in Boston, after a long, but fun road trip. We moved me in, moved in boxes, unpacked, painted furniture, bought new bedding, etc. We saw some parts of the city, and enjoyed some great food. There are just too many great places to eat her, all kinds of food, all price ranges...too bad I love dining out and too bad that I am going to be a super poor college kid again. We had yummy Thai, yummy pizza and salads, some seafood, and yummy home baked treats at our little Bed and Breakfast. We had several adventures in my car, getting around, etc...my GPS for my car, her name is Yolanda, by the way, unless she is in British English mode and then we call her Gemma, is truly a lifesaver. I love walking in Boston, I guess that is why the call it America's walking city...it's a gorgeous city, and you can cover a lot of ground walking. Then I flew back to Salt Lake City to meet up with my sister, Allyson, and her 2 girls, Maddie (5) and Izzie (8 months). We were able to help set up and attend my cousin, Nicole's wedding in Bountiful. Then we left Salt Lake City and flew to Denver where we met up with the rest of my immediate family. We had a fabulous week in an awesome mountain house up in Breckenridge...all 18 of us. We played, watched the Olympics (everyone is now convinced that Michael Phelps is my secret boyfriend...I am a fan of swimming, and he is pretty darn amazing), ice skated, walked Main Street, shopped, went to a mine, searched for gold, and river rafted twice. I love river rafting, I was the only one to fall in during the rapids, but I guess it is a good thing it was me and I know a thing or two about swimming and water safety. I am alive, only had a few scrapes and bruises. The highlight of the week was on Friday, August 15th. We attended the sealing of my little brother Alex and his wife, Stacey. It was in the Denver Temple and despite the rain all day, it was a beautiful day. The reception was great, our side of the family kept the dance floor going, thanks to the nieces, and I got to MC the event, my loud voice is good for something. We all started to go our separate ways...and last Sunday I made it back safe and sound to Boston. I have been cleaning my house from top to bottom like crazy, yes, I am a clean freak and a bit OCD. It looks great though, and I now know which spots just don't come out and can say proudly that most did. I have also been nannying, I did it all this week and will do it one more week before school starts. I get paid to feed Charlie, he is 18 months old, play with him, take him out in his stroller so I can walk the city for an hour or so, and read a lot while he takes his naps. All in all, I am moved in, enjoying Boston, and anxiously awaiting the start of classes...I haven't been to school for like 3 1/2 years, we shall see if I still love it as much as I remember loving it, haha. Please call or email me when you like, I would love to hear from you...my cell phone is the same for now. Lots of love from the East!!!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I love my sister!!!

Ruth said...

i didn't know you loved coffee that much

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...