Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's raining...


...well, unfortunately NOT men (haha, the song, "it's raining men")...but it's raining blessings, perhaps pouring...so in the scriptures it talks about being obedient and that the windows of heaven will pour out blessings until there isn't room enough to receive them...well, that is about how I could describe my life. My dreams are coming true, I am in Boston, for goodness sake, and then along with that, everything is working out so well in my favor. So I have a great place (which is now sparkly clean-thanks to me), I have nice roommates, I have a fun ward, I love Boston, I have mastered public transport, I am making good money as a nanny, I am pretty much all ready for school...and so to top it all off, I got a phonecall today saying that after waiting and being persistent for over 3 months...I GOT MY ASSISTANTSHIP. HOORAY!!! For those of you that need an explanantion, Boston University is a private school, so ridiculously expensive (try $36,000 +)...however, I was offered a scholarship like right away, but it doesn't cover all of tuition. So a friend, Cami, who I met when I came to visit in April, told me about this Graduate Student Coordinator position available in her program. It is for BUILD (Boston University's Initiative for Literacy Development). I will be 1 of 3 coordinators that oversees this literacy program that is implemented by BU undergrad students in 15 inner city schools. So it will be a great job, working with great people...and oh, let me add, it will cover the cost of the rest of my tuition, my medical insurance, and then I get paid a stipend! Life couldn't get much better, and for this year, school will basically be free except for a few fees and my books...which I will be able to afford out of pocket, since I have been nannying...things couldn't get much better. Prayers are answered, dreams come true, and I am just so so so blessed. So next Tuesday starts my new job and school...I can hardly wait. Boston was made for me, or I was made for Boston!?! Love y'all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the Assistantship--that's awesome. Boston is lucky to have you

Kristen and Ryan said...

oh goodness kristina! you make me so jealous! how fun! everything sounds like it is coming together! I want MORE PICTURES! I want to see your apartment!! have fun!

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...