Friday, January 25, 2008

Reflecting on deeper things...


I went to the Bountiful Temple tonight for Ward Temple Night (unfortunately the Salt Lake Temple has been closed for winter maintenance), but tonight was a good moment of reflection. I had just spent the majority of last Saturday, January 19, 2008, there at the Bountiful Temple. I had learned a lot that day, but had seemed to forget a lot of it in less than a week. Many of my previous frustrations had crept back into my life in a matter of days. On Saturday, one of my dear friends, Dan, was sealed for time and all eternity to a beautiful girl. I was able to be there in the morning for their sealing, my first real live sealing ceremony (its a wedding ceremony performed in our sacred temples). Sometimes weddings and receptions are hard for me, I find myself with a twinge of guilt wondering when it is going to finally be my turn. I do what I am supposed to, I am a good person, I am not totally unfortuante looking, am I? Haha...well, Satan encourages me to think along those lines. Anyway, it was such a blessing to be there for the sealing. As I sat there waiting for Dan and his future wife to come in, I had time to look at all the people, family and friends, that love him so much and were so excited for him. There were tears of joy shed. I sat in the corner and thought. I realized and understood for the bajillionth time that my Heavenly Father really does love me. I know that He is completely aware of my situation in life, my triumphs, my struggles, my fears, and even the deepest, most righteous desires of my heart. I know that even if I don't have all of the answers that I need, He does. He can see the beginning and the end, He can see my potential. He ultimately knows what is best for me and when it is best for me. So even though I don't have all of the answers, if I trust in Him, I will be taken care of. I realized as well that the decision of whom to marry and when is so important, where is not a question...it will be in the temple, the house of the Lord. I distinctly thought, "Well, Heavenly Father, you know better than me...you know who that special guy is and when the timing will be right, and I want it to all be right, so I will wait. I will wait as long as I need to so that I can be happy with someone for forever. I want someone that will love and cherish me and help me to achieve all of my righteous desires and gosls...so for that, I will wait as long as I need to." Sometimes waiting for those answers is the hardest part, but welp, we are here to be tested and gain wonderful qualities like patience...apparently one that I need to work on more :) I love you all. All of my posts won't be like this, I promise. I just want you all to know that I love you wherever you are in this big world, and so does someone much greater than I. I attached a photo from Dan's wedding day...because it was a happy day for me. I needed it, and obviously I needed to reflect on it all again tonight. Love yall!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

glad you had a nice time--love ya

Pretzel's World said...

I LOVE YOU KRISSY!!

james said...

WOW! I don't usually get my spiritual uplifting by reading blogs, so thanks little sis

Anonymous said...

You're just so wonderful--I know you know that, but I just wanted to tell you again. I'm glad you had a spiritual experience. Love ya!

Emily said...

OK, Kristina, I'm waiting for a new post...! :)

Leigh said...

I miss you, just so you know. Thank you for teaching me from too many states away. Love you.

Kim said...

I remember oh so well similar reflections! The wait will be so worth it. Mine definitely was.

You look adorable (as always)

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...