Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!

So I realize that Halloween was a long time ago, but get used to me-I blog when I make time and it's not very regularly. We actually had a couple of Halloween parties the weekend before Halloween (since we had Stake Conference and another church conference going on Halloween weekend, and we got to hear Elder Ballard speak!)

My roommates and I went together as a themed group last year, and we decided to do it again this year. We actually were out to dinner a couple weeks before, and ran our ideas by our waiter...he was a big supporter of our final decision-the US Double Dutch National Championship Team. And we are actually trying to learn double dutch, we haven't been practicing as much lately, but shhhhh....don't tell our competitors!
Ironically enough, our Double Dutch team uniforms got a little carried away, and we ended up being quite 80's. I basically like any reason to put on tons of make-up, particularly eye make-up, and to get to do crazy things with my hair. Here I am all decked out.Our ward had a Halloween party, which included a cupcake contest, and with the help of my savvy baking sister-in-law, Ruth, I totally won best overall cupcakes. My funny little spiders won cause overall they were best tasting and best looking. Go me!
I won a thing of Halloween sprinkles as my prize.
At the ward Halloween party, we played lots of fun, crazy games and even tied each other up like mummies. Here is my roommate, Alison, and I looking mummified.
And here are my roommates and I in our team shirts, we made them ourselves-complete with puffy paint...man I loved decorating with that stuff as a kid and I still do. We each had a Double Dutch team nickname, I was "Skip."
From left to right, it is Rachel, me, Amanda, and then Alison is laying across us. Aren't we the coolest jump roping team ever?Amanda, Rachel, our friend Janey, me and Alison at our first stop for the night, showing off our team spirit at some friends' Halloween party. After stopping by another Halloween party later on, we went to Friendly's to get some ice cream sundaes. And of course we were not in the least embarrassed to show up in style.
Alison and Amanda (above) and Rachel and I (below)

1 comment:

Vanalee said...

Great costumes! The cupcakes look great.

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...