Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fun with Roommates

I just love, love, love my roommates and I am so blessed to be living with some of my bestest friends in the whole world. I love Boston for so many reasons, but they just make me love it and enjoy living here so much more. Last night we went to a dinner at the Bishop's house, the guys in the ward were making breakfast (yes breakfast foods for dinner, it was all delicious) for all of us, ladies. It was fun, and then we came home and did the Color Code. Alison had been anxiously awaiting the day that we would have time to all do it together. For those of you who do not know, the Color Code is a book that helps you determine what kind of personality you have. It categorizes people by 4 colors-red, blue, white, and yellow. The test helps you identify your primary/strongest color, and then your secondary colors. I did the test a few years ago, and after all this time, I am still a Red-Blue. The interesting thing though is that I am almost tied Red and Blue, so I have 2 very strong personality types within me...which makes me complex. Most people have one color that is very dominant, and then a secondary color that is significantly less dominant, and then 2 others that are only slightly noticeable. Obviously 2 very strong personality types existing in one person makes things a bit...umm...complicated to say the least.

To quote the text of the book, "The most difficult color combination within one individual is the mixture of Red and Blue. If you are strong in both categories, you will often find yourself stepping on someone's toes to get a task completed (Red), but feeling guilty afterward for making that person unhappy (Blue)...you have a constant struggle between seeking power and searching for intimacy in relationships."

Saturday I spent the day getting some student teaching work done and going to work. After work, my roommates and I went to dinner in celebration of my birthday this past week. I picked a great restaurant that we have never been to, called Kashish. It's an Indian restaurant in Belmont (on the way to the temple). It was so so so yummy!
Me and Rachel at Kashish
Here are Amanda, me, and Alison after a yummy dinner. We went from there to do some errands and shopping. We, of course, ended up in Target, always a favorite, and Alison insisted on trying on this one-piece pajama outfit...notice the sock monkey feet. She really wanted them, but they were a bit pricey.
Then I tried some on, cause they all insisted. Now for those of you who do not know, I was not tempted to buy any, since my sister, Allyson and I bought some lavender snowflake one-piece pajamas for our 2004 Thanksgiving Family get together in Park City. I still have them and break them out from time to time. They saved me and kept me warm last November when my heat was broken for a few days in my old place. They are like having a sleeping bag on...so warm. Anyway, these ones at Target were a hideous pink on me.
Complete with little bunny faces on the feet, that we decided were kinda creepy.
To finish the night off, we came home and watched one of my all time favorites, and definitely a Carruth movie of choice...yes, Better Off Dead. It is a classic, and I am not sure if my roommates really got it, but I laughed and enjoyed every moment of it, even the awkward moments.

I hope everyone else is happy and enjoying life as much as I am! MUCH LOVE!!!

3 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

It is great to have awesome roommates. Very rare too. Candace has two other girls living with her and really likes them as well. That sure makes life a lot more fun!

Vanalee said...

I agree the bunny pj's are a bit weird. I need some Indian food! Maybe Saturday.

Kim said...

"Better off Dead" really is a Carruth classic. I remember watching that with Ally in college.

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...