Friday, February 12, 2010

One Amazing Week in Houston, TX

Oh, man...where do I even start?!?!? Amidst finishing a Master's degree, being called as Relief Society President in my single's ward in Boston, and spending time with my family all over the place, things continued to go well with Brian. Let's be honest, they continued to go really well, really quickly. I just couldn't get enough of him, and I took his time however I could-emailing, phone calls, texting, and visiting him. After spending a week with my whole family in St. George, Utah, I flew back to Houston with James and Ruth and their kids. I got to spend a whole week in Houston, which meant time with the nieces and nephew, time with Brian's family, and time for just Brian and I. We basically spent most of everyday together. There was lots of fun to be had-games, movies, great food, date nights, a temple outing, and wonderful conversations. Basically, my time in Houston went from just wanting to spend all of my time with Brian and getting to know him better...to realizing that we wanted to get married! It was one of the best weeks of my life! Here are Brian and I on my last day in Houston before heading home to Boston.
My husband to be and me!
We did a date night with James and Ruth, we did dinner at Red Robin and then played games and bowled at Dave and Buster's. We played 2 games...but you should really check out the score board for the first game's results...yep, Teena Weena (me) totally won! It was amazing, I kept getting strikes and spares, so not like me. I decided it must have been my lucky night. I guess Brian and I had talked about getting married earlier that day, and I must have been floating on Cloud 9 and been the happiest girl around!!! The second game, I am pretty sure I lost...which is more like me for bowling.
Ruth and I at Dave and Buster's
James and Ruth at Dave and Buster's-I felt so grown-up being on a double date with my big brother and my sister-in-law. I know I am 26, but I just think of myself as a kid most of the time and as the little sister.
Brian watching me do some driving game-that I was horrible at...and I think he is slowly learning in real life that I am definitely a woman, which might just mean a not so good driver ;)
I found this virtual jump roping game, and loved it. I think Ruth was more addicted than I was...and then James won the most tickets at this one-go James!
James and Brian being manly men and playing some shooting/killing game.
Here I am with all of my favorite Texas nieces and nephew, we are all in the picture, look closely. We went to see the Princess and the Frog with my family, and the kids all wanted to hold my hand or Brian's-it was cute. We also saw another movie out with Brian's family-Sherlock Holmes.

The week was lots of fun. We went to the temple together for the first time in Houston, and it was an awesome experience. Then we got to go out to lunch after the session with Brian's parents, who work at the temple. We had a fun date night in the Woodlands.

I am not going to give you all the details...but I had an awesome week, I knew I wanted to marry Brian, and all of our conversations were so timely. We went and looked at engagement rings on Saturday before Brian put me on the plane back to Boston.

Brian and I seem to say goodbyes too often...hello and goodbye, hello and goodbye, over and over. The goal was that I would go get things done and wrapped up in Boston, as quickly as possible, and get back to Houston as soon as I could.

No comments:

I AM LOVING LIFE!

I AM LOVING LIFE!
Still wishing my Mom was closer with all of the wedding preparation...